TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases from our website. Please read them carefully before placing an order.
Conditions - means the terms and conditions and the Special Conditions.
Product - means a product displayed for sale on our Website.
Product Description - means the part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided.
Personal Information - means the details provided by you on registration.
Users - means the users of the Website collectively.
You - means a user of this Website.
We/us - means Thomas Belmont Ltd.
Website - means the website located at www.thomasbelmont.com or any subsequent URL which may replace it.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website.
- Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Data Privacy Officer, Thomas Belmont Ltd, 23 Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF.
We are Thomas Belmont Ltd. (“Thomas Belmont”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No.9164335) By using the website owned by us – www.thomasbelmont.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What information we collect:
If you purchase products from us, communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting personal data about you.
We do not normally collect sensitive personal data. In the event you provide us with any sensitive personal data, we will take extra care to ensure your rights are protected.
Information we hold:
- Address (Business or Residential)
- Telephone Number (Landline or Mobile)
- Email Address
- VAT Number (If Applicable)
Where we get that information:
We gain all data from any order placed through our websites and from all telephone orders placed.
Who we share that information with:
If you have placed an order with us through our website, then your personal information is stored on or secure servers which is always encrypted. We do not store any details in reference to your bank or debit/credit cards.
Any individual has the right to complain to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data.
You, as an individual, have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or for us to inform you of the personal data we hold for you.
Visitors to our websites:
When someone visits thomasbelmont.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not knowingly allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
People who place orders through www.thomasbelmont.com:
People who place orders through our website will receive emails regarding their order automatically.
You will give us information about yourself by filling in a form on our website to aide us to process your order.
We process personal information using the lawful basis of legitimate interest and for legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
Where processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and:
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how users interact with our website
- To inform you about our products and services via email communications, which we think will be of interest to you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (unless you opt out of these communications)
- to notify you about changes to our service
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please email email@example.com. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
People who subscribe to receive monthly emails:
People who subscribe to our emails will receive regular e-newsletters and any other promotions automatically, unless they have expressed their wish not to receive such communications.
You will give us information about yourself by filling in a form on any of our websites.
To unsubscribe from our communications:
If a User wishes to stop receiving email communications from Thomas Belmont Ltd, they can do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails. Or they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use a third-party provider, Mail Chimp, to send our regular e-newsletters and marketing emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our emails. For more information, please see Mail Chimp’s privacy notice.
People who contact us via social media:
We do not use any third party providers to manage our social media interactions on any social media platforms as all interactions are ‘in-house’. If you post anything on our social media platforms then the general rules for that platform apply. If you send us a private or direct messages via social media the message will be stored by us in said platform and it will not be shared with any other organisations.
People who email us:
We use Outlook as our email platform, which encrypts and protects email traffic for us. If your email service does not support encryption, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Sharing of data with external parties:
Thomas Belmont Ltd will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies. Thomas Belmont may provide aggregate statistics about our customers; traffic patterns and related site information to clients, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Storage of data:
To comply with UK Data Protection legislation, Thomas Belmont Ltd follows procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
Thomas Belmont follows the relevant legal requirements and uses all reasonable precautions to ensure your data is held securely either by us or our appointed data processors.
Descriptions of Products
- Descriptions and product information displayed on the Website include approximate measurements. As our products are made by hand these measurements may vary slightly. Product colours shown on screen are reproduced as accurately as electronic processes allow. We try to ensure that the product information on our Website is as accurate as possible. However, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or errors which may arise.
- Our prices are set out on our website in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of United Kingdom-rated VAT (you can see prices excluding VAT in the shopping cart view.)
- You are responsible for the disclosure and payment of any import duties or other taxes which apply in the country to which the products are delivered.
- Prices remain in force until we publish new prices on our website.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, mistakes can sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible and give you the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- We reserve the right to change our prices.
Acceptance of your order
We reserve the right to restrict the number of products you may order and to refuse or cancel any order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
- We must receive full payment for the price of the products and the delivery charges before we can accept your order.
- Once payment has been received order cancellation will result in a 10% cancellation charge.
- Many Thomas Belmont products are made to order and so delivery times may vary depending on product availability.
- After order confirmation you will receive an email with further information on despatch and delivery dates. The Delivery date should be no longer than 1-2 weeks from the date of purchase.
- Weekday orders under the total nett value of £150.00 are charged at £8.99+VAT for carriage.
- Weekday orders over the total nett value of £150.00 qualify for free UK delivery.
- Offshore prices may vary, please contact us for a quote.
- We will attempt to deliver products ordered by you to the delivery address stated on your order form. If, for any reason, your delivery hasn’t arrived then please get in touch and we will do our very best to rectify the situation.
- Any orders that are returned to us as undelivered, will have a chargeable fee for carriage of £14 plus VAT plus administration costs.
- Please note that missing parcels cannot have a claim launched until fifteen working days after dispatch.
- You will not become the owner of the products until they have been delivered, at which time they will also become your risk and we will not be liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction to them.
- On receipt of delivery from Thomas Belmont Ltd you must check each individual package for any signs of damage. We endeavour to dispatch goods to you in perfect condition. However occasionally goods can be damaged in transit and we are keen to rectify any problem as quickly as possible.
- If any of your parcels are damaged in any way and you are not happy with the condition of your delivery please sign the couriers forms as 'Damaged on arrival' and refuse to accept said parcel/parcels. The items will be returned to the sender where they will be checked for damage and a replacement item will be sent out at the next available time. If the delivery note is signed without the comment 'Damaged on arrival' the seller and or courier cannot be held responsible for damage caused during transit and no claim can be made.
- If you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return the items to us within 14 days of receipt of your goods for a full refund. We will cover carriage costs on any damaged products, however should you simply not like the goods and wish to return or exchange them, items must be returned at your own cost.
- All returned items should be unused, returned in their original packaging and in a fully resalable condition.
- Our refund policy does not apply to made-to -order products, which cannot be returned or exchanged unless faulty. All our made-to-order products are highlighted in their product description.
- We reserve the right not to accept items back after two months from the date of purchase under any circumstances.
- If products we deliver to you are not as ordered or are damaged, defective or of incorrect quantity you should contact us within 7 days of delivery. We will replace the incorrect, damaged or defective products or make good the shortfall in quantity or, at our option, credit the price and delivery charges of those products to you. If you do not receive products ordered you should notify us within 28 days of the date of your order.
- Please do not try to return any items to us without contacting us for a returns form first. If items are returned to us without a valid returns form we are unable to offer a refund.
- To request a return please email our customer service team at the following address : email@example.com or call us on : 0845 2575452
All rights, including copyright, trade marks, names and logos, used in relation to this website are owned by or controlled for these purposes by Thomas Belmont Ltd.
We reserve the right to issue legal proceedings against any companies or persons who copy any text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, trademarks or any part of this website. The content of this website is and remains the property of Thomas Belmont Ltd.
- No liability will be accepted for products where they have been engraved by a third party.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable it shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
No Variation or Representation
- Nothing said by our sales personnel shall amount to a variation of these Terms and Conditions or a representation about the nature or quality of our products.
Third Party Rights
- We may transfer our rights under the contract, but otherwise nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall give any person who is not a party to the contract any benefit or any right to enforce any of the terms of the contract.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Your order and the formation of the contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
- If you are unsure about any of our Terms & Conditions please contact us on : 0345 257 5452. You will be charged at 7 pence per minute plus your calling operators charge.